Saturday, October 27, 2012

It's been much too long...

Oy. If I thought a month-long hiatus was bad last time I posted...

It's been eight months, and things have definitely changed quite a bit since last semester. A lot of my time is taken up by Overflow, the a cappella group I am a member of. I'm the business manager this year, so I'm doing a lot of correspondence with the outside world for the group (including coordinating gigs), writing emails, and a bunch of other fun but time-consuming stuff.

My classes and current internship with Outward Media Inc. is also taking up a lot of time, but I'm not complaining -- I enjoy the PR classes I'm taking this semester and am really learning a lot in them AND the internship I have. And yet, oftentimes I find myself wishing there was another ten hours in the day so I could catch some sleep.

I'm also taking a French class on autobiographical writing that's really interesting, and in my first assignment, I convinced myself to try and keep a handwritten journal. It hasn't really been working though, so I resolved to resuscitate this blog instead.

And as I look back and think about everything that's happened since February, I can't help but think how much has happened since then and how fast the year has gone by. It's so weird!

I need to catch up on some sleep (I haven't been able have a really good night's sleep all week--like, a ten-hour or more sleeping period), but there's another reason for reviving this blog. I want to talk about my experience applying for the Disney Professional Internship program. I know there are a few blogs that talk about the application process and stuff, but there can never be too much info out there, right? Regardless of whether or not I get an offer, I want to share my own experiences to help others out there who are looking for information. SO, I'll post more about my personal experience hopefully within the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;