Thursday, February 9, 2012

AcaNoob Playlist

I can't believe that 2012 has come and it's taken me a whole month to post here! Things have been crazy, what with applying for (and being accepted into) the Public Relations major, applying and interviewing for internships, and dealing with a family emergency. But now that I have a little time...

I introduced some of my Design Fundamentals classmates to a cappella (subliminally, as we were working on an assignment). That got me to thinking... If you were to create a playlist for an "acanoob," what would you put on that playlist?

Here are my picks:
  1. "Rhythm of Love/Can't Help Falling in Love" (Straight No Chaser, Six Pack, Vol. 2)
  2. "Billie Jean/Poison" (Straight No Chaser, Six Pack, Vol. 2)
  3. "Like a Prayer" (Straight No Chaser, Six Pack, Vol. 2)
  4. "Best Thing I Never Had" (Kinfolk 9)
  5. "Firework" (The Backbeats, The Backbeats [From The Sing-Off])
  6. "Sitcom Medley" (UNC Clef Hangers)
  7. "Wonderwall" (Sonos)
  8. "Turning Tables/Someone Like You" (Peter Hollens)
  9. "Moves Like Jagger" (Overboard)
  10. "We All Need Saving" (Hyannis Sound)
  11. Nearer, My God, to Thee (BYU Vocal Point, Nonstop)
  12. "Cooler Than Me" (Groove For Thought, The Sing-Off: The Best of Season 2)
  13. "Landslide" (The Backbeats, The Sing-Off: The Best of Season 2)
  14. "Fix You" (Straight No Chaser, With a Twist)
  15. "Under the Bridge" (Straight No Chaser, With a Twist)
  16. "Wonderwall" (Straight No Chaser, With a Twist)
  17. "Toxic" (Overboard)
  18. "Creep (Street Corner Symphony, The Sing-Off: The Best of Season 2)
  19. "Enjoy the Silence" (Sonos, SONOSings)
  20. "I Want You Back" (Sonos, SONOSings)
  21. "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" (Midnight Ramblers, BOCA 2008)
  22. "Super Mario" (BYU Vocal Point, BOCA 2009)
  23. "Home" (Duke Pitchforks, BOCA 2009)
Of course, depending on that person's already-existing musical tastes, I might tailor that playlist to feature more songs that are of their genre of choice. But this playlist is focused more towards people of my age group, since a lot of these songs are current hits, redone aca-fied.

What would you put on your playlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;